Sunday, August 9, 2009

2 of a kind.



OK this is what I came up with yesterday while I was having some happy scrappy time when DH was out with Tys.
I really didn't think I was going to get this one finished because I didn't have the right embellishment to use. I could think of 101 things Id like to purchase to use but with out a car I was forced to be resourceful.
I used different coloured papers in complimentary tones and some of the dress pattern paper that Jodies embellies came wrapped in. I layered them and made cuts towards the center to give it more depth and create the look of petals.
Then I brushed over it with some cream colored paint.
My Thickers that I have used for my title where just too shiny and I thought they needed some distressing so I took to them with paint too.
I'm really loving using paint on my LOs lately. I didn't realise how much Id miss my paints when I gave them all away, before we moved from Adelaide.
I had quite a collection that used to get a real work out in my 'Decoupage days'.
I'm sure there will be more painting to come on my LOs in the future so 'watch this space' TFL
Shell x

No comments: