Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Butterfly canvas

Ive finished my canvas, finally. So not what I had in mind, but I had a bit trouble with it .
The original was a green painted background which worked quite well ,only the colours were a bit dark for such a small canvas.
I decided to scrap over the top because I got a bit carried away with the Kindy Glitz..... Whooops. LOL. I think I was doing quite well up until then.
Anyway its just a practice run and I'm relieved to have it done now.
I think Ive learned a lot from the process and I'm ready to tackle the next one.
The butterflies are from Clear Cut Crafts http://clearcutcrafts.com/shop/ The colours Ive used are lime green and turquoise. Sorry the photo doesn't really do them justice. They are actually a lot more vivid IRL.
and the ivory rose is another stunning creation by Jodie from Sweet Vintage http://www.sweetvintage78.etsy.com/ and Ive just lightly brushed the edges of the petals with some green paint.
Id better sign off now. Time to cook dinner for my hungry boys. TFL.
Shell x

No comments: