Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mother



OK, time for a LO share.................FINALLY. Its been over a month since Ive done any scrapbooking and Ive been suffering form withdrawals, sad I know. LOL.
Any how this LO is for the DT comp at Scraps of us. This is my round one entry.
The challenge was to scrap a LO about yourself but without any pictures. I must confess I had never tried that before, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought. Its was sort of liberating I guess (does that sound weird?)
I tried stamping on the Kraft CS with different coloured paints using various things with different size rims, that I found around the house.
I cut each circle by hand out of 'All Sorts' pp by 'Kaiser Crafts' and adhered them to the CS is a random pattern. I have also used some gorgeous and colourful SweetVintage doilies.
Then I doodled a border and added the verse.
I don't know who the author is but I can relate to the sentiment so I thought that explained a little about me.
I thought about writing random things about ME but I thought this poem was too perfect not to use and something a bit different.
Anyway that's my entry for round 1.
Please excuse my hand writing. I hate it but I'm trying to remember that in years to come my kids wont care how shocking my hand writing is, only that it was written by me and that makes it more personal so I hope my boys will appreciate that.
Anyway its a tough field. Heaps of talented ladies in this comp so wish me luck. I'm gonna need it!
I have just completed my first LO for MAD ABOUT SCRAPPING guest DT member for the month of November.
Leanne sent me some great paper and embellies to work with. I have completed the first LO and I'm starting the second when the kids are asleep tonight. I like the way the first one turned out. Totally different from anything Ive done before but I'm really enjoying pushing the boundaries and trying new stuff. It keeps me inspired to step 'Out side the box'.
I wont reveal them until next month when it goes on sale. So stay tuned.
heres the link to the MAD ABOUT SCRAPPING blog from there you can find the link to the shop. There is some great shopping to be done and Leanne is really friendly and has great monthly kits. My kit will be on sale next month.
I received my prize from my2angels yesterday. That's the prize I won for my Out Of the Hat LO 'Dream Big'.
I must admit I spent a bit extra but with so many yummy products to choose from, how could I resist?
I bought my very first glimmer mist. I'm behind the times I know. Cant wait to give it a go.
Looks like fun.
Anyway head on over if your looking for some fabo things and take a look at the charms. Super cute and a really good range.
Thanks Tracy for offering such a generous prize. Fantastic service and Ill be back to shop some more, for sure!
The big reveal for Lil' Red Rocket is coming up soon and I'm going to have a give away, so check back soon if you want to be in the running.
Just putting on some finishing touches.
WOW this post has turned into a bit of an epic. LOL. Sorry hope I haven't bored you. TFL.
Shell x

No comments: